Queen Marys School 3rd May 2008
King Edward VII and Queen Mary School (KEQMS) is an HMC public school in Lytham St. Annes, originally the schools were separate, King Edwards for boys education and Queen marys for girls education. However in 1997 the schools were forced to merge due a parliamentary bill being scraped. The schooling now takes place in the King Edwards buildings and due to financial problems Queen Marys has been sold to developers who are creating flats within the school. Evidence of this was discovered inside.
The school’s motto is ‘Sublimis Ab Unda’, which is Latin for “raised from the waves”, in reference to the fact the school was funded by a flood disaster which took place in the town in 1719. In 1908, 189 years after the Foundation’s initial formation the school was finally built.
REVIST & UPDATE: 10/08/08
Most of the school has been stripped out. Access to the stage is no longer possible but the entrance hall has been converted into an office for selling the apartments. Contained in the second album are some maps/plans and below is a 3D video of the developers plans for the site: