Ordsall Lane 26th January 2008
Ordsall Lane is a closed railway station in Manchester, UK. Opening in 1849 the station operated for over a hundred years. At first the station was a simple platform but it soon turned into a large station with 5 platforms.
After it’s closed in 1957 the buildings had been demolished by the time of 1966 however the platform remained.
In 1988 a new section of track called the “Windsor Link” was opened. This allowed trains from Preston to proceed straight to Manchester Piccadilly rather than Manchester Victoria. This link joined the original Liverpool and Manchester railroad at the site of the Ordsall Lane station, considerably altering the site.